Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Quick Prep Meatloaf your Kids will Love!

I have been playing with meatloaf without egg and breadcrumbs, I made this version with potato chips instead and the egg wasn’t even needed, it held together just fine. I had my brother (sans allergies) test if for me and he had three slices after eating a whole meal. I hope you enjoy it too, you can also add other fillers, try roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes instead of fresh - there are so many options for this family classic.

Meatloaf
Serves 4



1 tomato, diced
1 pound of ground beef
1½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon sage
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup potato chips, crushed (about an individual sized bag)
½ onion, finely diced

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Mix all items together and shape into a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
Bake for 1¼ hours.
Enjoy!

To listen to Lisa on WJJG 1530 AM
(Originally aired 8/13/09)
Click Here!

No comments: