Wednesday, October 13, 2010

These Boots are Made for Walking…

Hey allergenistas! It has been a crazy month, I apologize for the lack of posts, but I have so much to share: new restaurants, new products and some great recipes, so keep posted!

First up, this Sunday is the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network’s Walk for Food Allergies. It’s so fun to see the teams supporting their loved ones with food allergies. Some teams to look out for are the Non-Dairies, Angie’s Peanut Busters and Fans of Finn. This year FAAN is hoping to raise $140,000 to continue their work toward curing food allergies.

This year’s walk has the pleasure of Cybele Pascal (author of The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook) and Kelly Rudnicki, (author of The Food Allergy Mama’s Baking Book), available at the 2010 Walk for Food Allergy in Chicago to sign your books, not to mention the tables of vendors with safe food for your family to try. It’s really a fun event where you can make a difference in your family and millions of others that suffer with food allergies. You might even see Trace Adkins there!

I recently wrote an article for the FAAN newsletter to help newly diagnosed allergenistas navigate their way through the maze of substitutions and rethinking on their new lifestyle, to read it click here. I really try to think of my food allergies as a blessing of revitalized health and an opportunity to try new foods that I wouldn’t have pre-allergens. It has been an exciting and challenging road and I am happy to share all that I learned with you.

No comments: