Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lisa Tries Katz Gluten Free Bakery

I saw a free sample pack from Katz Gluten Free Bakery advertised on Facebook, you get to try many of their products before you purchase any. What a great idea, I have spent so much money on allergen free products only to find they were not very tasty. I ordered mine right away and I got my package last week.

All of Katz’s products are produced in a dedicated gluten, dairy and nut FREE facility and are certified Kosher. The folks at Katz were nice enough to upgrade my package so I could do a more thorough tasting for my review.

My package included:

Marble Cake - It was quite lovely and reminded me of a sponge cake. It was great right after defrosting, no heating or toasting required. It’s pretty too, no crumbling when you cut it, so it’s perfect for guests.

Ingredients:Gluten free flour (White Rice, Corn, Tapioca,) Sugar, Fresh eggs, Canola oil, Orange Juice, Cocoa, water, Baking powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Xanthan Gum, Vanilla (Pure).

Sliced Challah Bread-Gluten Free - I really enjoyed this bread, I made grilled “cheese” sandwiches with Daiya cheese and toasted it for breakfast. The best news is it retained it’s great flavor even after being frozen and defrosted. This bread reopens the world of sandwiches!

Ingredients:Gluten free flour (white rice, tapioca, arrowroot, corn, soy, potato), Fresh eggs, Palm oil, Brown sugar, Honey, Xanthan gum, Yeast, Salt, Flaxseed, Apple cider vinegar.


Chocolate Chip Cookies Gluten Free and
Chocolate Dipped Cookies Gluten Free -
These cookies are wonderful in texture and taste. I am continually amazed at the advances manufacturers are making with allergen free products, my chef’s hat off to Katz!

Ingredients Chocolate Chip Cookies:Gluten free flour (Brown Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Sorghum,) Brown Sugar, Palm oil, Fresh eggs, Chocolate Chips(Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, soy lecithin, Vanillin), Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum.

Ingredients Chocolate Dipped Cookies:Gluten free flour (Corn, Tapioca, Brown Rice, Sorghum), Sugar, Palm oil, Canola oil, Fresh eggs, Vanilla (Pure), Xanthan Gum, Salt, Chocolate(Partially hydrogenated Vegetable oil, Cocoa powder, Choc. Liquor, Soy Lecithin, Artificial coloring).

Chocolate and Cinnamon Rugelech-Gluten Free - I have never eaten Rugelech before, so I can’t compare to their allergen full counterpart, but these cookies are good. They are kind of like a cinnamon roll, but slightly more dense with cake like qualities. I took the liberty to check other websites that review this product and the consensus was they were every bit as good as ones containing allergens.

Ingredients Chocolate Rugelech: Gluten free flour (Potato, Tapioca, White Rice, Brown Rice, Sorghum), Sugar, Canola oil, Fresh eggs, Orange Juice, Cocoa, Dry Yeast, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Cinnamon, Coffee, Vanilla (Pure).

Ingredients Cinnamon Rugelech:Gluten free flour (Potato, Tapioca, White Rice, Brown Rice, Sorghum,) Sugar, Canola oil, Fresh eggs, Orange Juice, Dry Yeast, Xanthan Gum, Cinnamon, Salt, Vanilla (Pure).

Back to the sample pack offer, Katz is offering a free sample pack to anyone, all you have to do is pay for the shipping. I am glad I found Katz, I will be looking for them on the shelf. In fact, Katz offers $50 if you get their products on the shelves at your favorite store, not too shabby to make your life more convenient! The Katz sample pack includes:

1 Slice of
- Whole Grain Bread
- Challah Bread
- White Bread
- Wholesome Bread
1 Dinner Roll
Cookie's and Rugelech Sample
Slice of Marble Cake

No comments: