Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lisa Tries Udi’s Cinnamon Rolls

I love what the folks at Udi’s have been making for us allergenistas. At the Bread Round-Up at the Free From Market I picked Udi’s as my favorite bread in this blind taste test. I also am a huge fan of the bagels from Udi’s. Well, I picked up a 4 pack of Udi’s cinnamon rolls at The Whole Foods Market on Kingsbury in Chicago (this store has a huge display of most of Udi’s gluten free products) and am really glad I did.

The consistency of these cinnamon rolls is great considering there is no wheat or dairy in this product. They flake as much as I can imagine possible without layering butter into the dough, like you would on an allergen filled option. It even comes with a package of frosting to top your breakfast treat. I am constantly amazed at the strides being made in allergen free baked goods. The one thing I would change about this lovely product is to increase the amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture used.

Overall, a great breakfast pastry for brunch when family is in … or a nice treat when you have a sweet tooth.

Udi’s Cinnamon Rolls contain: Water, Tapioca Starch, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Canola Oil, Egg Whites, Brown Sugar, Yeast, Xanthan Gum, Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Calcium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt, Cultured Dextrose, Ascorbic Acid (Ascorbic Acid, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cornstarch), Enzymes. Filling contains: Sugar, Palm Oil Shortening, Tapioca Starch, Water, Ground Cinnamon, Canola Oil, Sunflower Lecithin (Sunflower Lecithin, Rice Flour, Tricalcium Phosphate,) Salt. Icing contains: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Ground Cinnamon, Agar, Citric Acid, Distilled Monoglycerides, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Locust Bean Gum

Contains: Eggs

No comments: