Monday, August 16, 2010

More Goodies for the Safe & Sound Dinner and a Spicy Stir Fry

Just over a week away from the Safe & Sound Dinner at ZED 451 and my house is filled with cases of product to share with my favorite allergenistas. Make your reservations now while space is still available for this incredible dinner.

- Over 30 dishes, each more flavorful and robust than the next
- SWIRLZ Cupcakes
- A killer gift bag packed with allergen free swag
- Dine with some of Chicagoland’s hippest allergenistas

Bob’s Red Mill sent their pizza crust mix. I just love this crust, I like to put lots of toppings on my pizza to make up for the lack of cheese, this crust holds together and delivers a wonderful taste to boot. If you want to give it a try, try my recipe for the perfect pizza sauce.



I tried San-J’s Gluten Free Szechuan Sauce with some vegetables I had in the fridge and strips of pork, it was a great meal! I can’t wait to try the rest of their sauces!


The great thing about stir fry is that you can substitute any fresh vegetables you have in the house, it is really a versatile dish. I did add an egg to this dish, but you can skip it if you have egg allergies. Pork Stir Fry



1 tablespoon olive oil
1 carrot, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 zucchini, cut into strips
1 lb of pork, cut into strips
8 button mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons San-J Gluten Free Szechuan Hot and Spicy Marinade and Stir-Fry
2 scallions, cut on a bias

Preheat large saute pan on high heat.
Add olive oil and heat another minute.
Add carrot to pan, cook one minute, push to side.
Add each ingredient above in order as listed thru pork, cook for one minute each and push to side.
Add San-J Gluten Free Szechuan and mix all ingredients together.
Top with scallion and serve over rice.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

iampalegreen said...

Oohh...stir-fry! That looks delicious. I used to be a big stir-fryer, but haven't as of late. I do love San-J's teriyaki sauce. YUMMY!