Thursday, February 4, 2010

It Feels Like Christmas in February!



A flurry of packages have been arriving at my house everyday; filled with goodies for the gift bags for our Safe & Sound dinner on Tuesday at Landmark Grill and Lounge. Everyday something new comes, we just found out that Dr. Happy has created a new brownie product that is free of dairy, egg and gluten, the people ask and Jennifer delivers! She will be bringing fresh samples for the gift bags, I can’t wait to try them, she says they are even better than her GF only version!! We also got a huge box filled with Bob’s Red Mill GF Vanilla cake mix, not just a sample, a whole mix…

The biggest news - I got an email from Pam Rose at SWIRLZ CUPCAKES (swirlz and she has developed the most decadent cupcake special for our dinner, free of all the allergens except soy (don’t worry my soy allergenistas, there will be a wonderful substitute for you). Ok, get ready to drool, the cupcake is a vegan, gluten free double chocolate cake, a layer of vegan/gluten free german chocolate and coconut topping, topped with chocolate vegan frosting, I guess I am going to need my eating pants for this dinner! The best part is Pam always gives a coupon for a free cupcake in the gift bag, so you can go and sample her different flavors, go early, Pam only makes GF/Vegan cupcakes first thing to avoid any cross contamination, so once they are gone, they are gone for the day!

Just a few tickets are left, don’t miss out on this wonderful evening.
Click here to register…

Next up: Recipes for Super Bowl Sunday, time to snack!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaww, yum, yum, yum.
chocolate cupcake
I like your blog.
Come visit mine too.
Have a wonderful New Year.

Jenn Sutherland said...

Eeeee! I can't wait for the dinner on Tuesday! The menu has me drooling, and the new samples sound fantastic! Thanks for hosting these awesome evenings for us!

Lisa Cooks Allergen Free said...

Awwww, thanks guys, my part is easy, it's the support of great restaurants like Carnivale, BOKA, DaLuciano's and Landmark and followed up with the generous contributions from the gift bag sponsors, I am truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of support.

Michelle L. Hankes said...

Oh, I so wish I had something like what you do here in my neck of the woods! It sounds fantastic! Maybe if I make it out to Chi-town...