Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bar Food Allergen Free

Bar food is always problematic for me – most of it is deep fried, so for those with wheat allergies, off limits. Well, that’s all a thing of the past. Wilde Bar and Restaurant’s chef Alan Katz brings an allergen free menu to Lakeview and that includes Kinnikinnick Hamburger Buns which are free of wheat, dairy, soy and nuts. (Ingredients: Water, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Whole Eggs, Sugar, Yeast, Sunflower and/or Canola Oil), Dextrose, Poly Dextrose, Pea Protein, Sodium Carboxy Methylcellulose, Salt, Vitamin Blend(Thiamine, Vitamin B2, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron).

I went to Wilde last week with my husband Mark and just loved being able to enjoy the bar scene again. The gluten free menu covers it all; from appetizers including artichoke cheddar dip and buffalo hot wings to delectable burgers like the Wilde burger (that’s what I had minus the cheese). All I can say is YUM, carmelized onions, just a favorite of mine! I spoke with the manager Pat Rogers, and he is happy to accommodate special needs diets, “We strive to please all our guests, including those that can’t eat wheat, dairy or any other restriction, if you have additional restrictions, call us in advance so we can plan for your visit.”

Please note: in the picture of my burger you will see French fries; I had to skip the fries, as they do not use a dedicated fryer. Luckily, Mark was able to take them off my hands…. Enjoy!

Click here for Wilde’s Gluten Free menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ate the burger after it came in contact with the fries? Also how good are they if they didnt know not to put the fries on your plate?

Lisa Cooks Allergen Free said...

Thanks for your concern.
My husband wanted the fries. I told them it was ok to serve them on the same plate... The waitress warned me that they didn't use a dedicated fryer in advance. My allergies are not so severe that is why I pointed out that you should take note about how they cook their fries, so those with more severe allergies can take precautions to stay safe.