Monday, April 5, 2010

Why I do this and Giving Back

Sometimes, when I get out of work late, traffic is creeping along, nothing is made for dinner and I know that I am overdue for a blog post; I want to blow it off - hey who will notice if I skip one? And then I got a little note and picture that changed everything…

Michael has allergies to egg and nuts (he has outgrown his allergies to wheat and milk), and was one of the recipients of the extra gift bags on Valentine’s day. His message and picture just melted my heart and helped me refocus on what Lisa Cooks Allergen Free is all about and that is helping families learn to deal with their food allergies. I have so enjoyed sharing products, restaurants, recipes and experiences with you and look forward to helping you find just the right cake mix or recipe for your favorite dish. Please share with me what you like, what you want to see more of, and of course I love a challenge when it comes modifying family favorites…

In the spirit of giving back I want to announce that for the rest of the 2010 Safe & Sound Dinners, you can donate $5 of the ticket price toward your favorite food allergy/celiac charity, so not only do you get a great allergen free meal, a killer gift bag filled with allergen free swag and new friends to share your favorite products and experiences with, you get to help toward education, research and outreach to the allergen community. Once your order is placed, you will be contacted via email to see if you want a portion of your full ticket price to go to the charity of your choice listed below.

- Food Allergy Initiative
- Food Allergy and Anaphlaxis Network
- University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center
- Illinois Food Allergy Education Association
- Mothers of Children Having Allergies
- Parents of Children Having Allergies

Thanks for joining me in my adventures cooking, shopping and dining allergen free.

No comments: